So I'm turning into a southern gall when it comes to weather. I'm returning home to New England for a bit (ten days) at the end of the week and the weather makes me cringe. Possible snow? Mid-40s? Ewww. Today however, it's chilly, cloudy and such down here.
I still miss New England in the fall however - the colors etc etc - but we have had some beautiful 60s and sunny days down here. I suppose I can't complain but I am looking forward to the trip home.
Columbus Day - at a non-profit, getting federal holidays off is pretty cool. The fact that this is a holiday is beyond disgusting - but I'm "working" throughout the day so I'm trying to pretend it's a normal day and I just happen to be working from home. It eases the guilt (a little).
Also. Washington District of Columbia? Columbia, Columbus...namesake? Ugg, hadn't really crossed my radar until I moved down here. Apparently the city is named after "two founding fathers," I forget who described it as such - but thankfully they made a face as well. Seriously? Ewww gross.
I'm actually trying to learn how to write intelligent blogs - no easy task, but the new roosevelt website has a nice easy feature for student members to get their thoughts and commentary out there. I'm impressed that so many students are blogging and I keep encouraging students to get familiar with it and such...it's good practice. It's also a skill to write a minipaper argument in an engaging way. Hard, but good.
What else is going on? For the most part things have really ironed out - I have to start looking for a great volunteer match organization for myself when I get back towards the end of October. I'm not complaining about having Fridays off, but now that I've adjusted to the work week more-or-less, often I feel like I can manage some volunteer hours.
Haven't seen a movie in forever - but on Sunday that'll be taken care of - kid cousin and I are going to grab food and a movie. Thank goodness. I miss movies, I'm no longer entirely obsessed with them, but I do still love them.
I'm looking forward to a weekend with friends at Middlebury and then the following weekend I'm going to a conference at Yale for Roosevelt. Some 60+ students have signed up; gotta love how close the Northeast states are. I love my former alma (Roosevelt) mater.
I think that's in for now....back to "blogging."
Monday, October 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment