Monday, January 31, 2011

Well, I've been - not blogging. Let's face it. If graduation is such a utopia, facebook friends would deduce it and anyone reading this blog - doesn't know or most likely stopped reading. That being said, I'm going to see if I can become more habitual about it - and eventually I'd direct more people here. Social experiment? Yes please.

Hannah, Rowan and Oona - no you might not know them - are all blogging these days. As for myself, I live life these days and some of you might be nodding in approval. Life is still very focused on work - for which my efforts are appreciated and fawned over. That being said, my boss is simply amazing and I would follow her anywhere. Thus, I'd hate to dissapoint her. The Oscars are approaching and I'm making an effort to get to the movies more - I really do love going. The cooking is going quite well if I do say so myself. I'm juggling my household stuff, social life and work all easily, but it keeps me busy.

I'm wondering if and when I'll figure out if I have time for more substantial things. I've been trying to do yoga a few times a week to work on strengthening and flexibility - it certainly feels good. I'd like to get out more, be more cultured. However, on another positive note, I am reading again - slowly, but surely. I'll post a short book list later, but again, another positive development.

I've realized that in the past few months, I'm a good listener with a much greater ability to reflect and make accurate observations to others and provide a sounding board. I write a monthly column for the Monterey News and it actually serves a blog style writing outlet, which is probably why this social experiment is suffering. Needless to say that's been a five year adventure. No need to stop now - I've always been shocked at home when people come up to me to thank me for writing - it's a true pleasure through and through.

I'd write more about ideas for future plans, but everthing's so up in the air right now that I am just thankful for a cozy home, great job, making ends meet and a wonderful circle of friends. My family is behind me, my home in the Berkshires is solid, my support system at Middlebury is mostly - enough - intact, and I really do survey my surroundings and feel utterly blessed. The future is mine to seize and define - whenever I feel like I'm ready and able to do so.

The goal? To post every Monday night. Reality? who the heck knows :)

1 comment:

  1. So nice to see you are blogging again. I haven't checked in a while because....well you know why. Keep writing; it's good to know you are doing so well.

    ReplyDelete