So, new life in Maryland/DC. I'm excited to be here, it's a bit surreal in a way, but I can't wait to get it started.
I spent today riding around with the lovely hostess (a couple is putting me up out of the generosity of their hearts) - she showed me where everything was so I am well oriented to start out my life tomorrow. Good times. I bought enough food for a few weeks - lots for the freezer. I've started to collect recipes and create weekly menus to keep the diet well balanced, and also to remain easy and do-able after a day's work.
There's a tred mill here at the house, which I will be using to stay in shape (and a gym at work for a more intense workout if I want) - and a hot tub to relax in after a long day. All in all, it's sweet.
So the evening was spent unpacking, doing work on the new website, and communicating with people. Half my life will be on email now - horray!
Tomorrow, the am is going to be preparing for the afternoon. Have to check bus times, make a mini shopping list, (for my own test run using public transport instead of a car), and get work stuff and banking together.
Then to Metro Center for my commuter pass, (cheaper than smart trip), to the bank, to the office...and saving the library for another time. Then it's back to the house to learn how to cook Tilapia....and preparing for first legitimate day of work.
So far so good.....I keep meaning to post pictures from the Seattle trip. We'll see if that ever happens.
~T
Monday, August 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment