Sunday, July 5, 2009

camping

Just came back from a two day camping trip - yes I went outside. It was in Eastern Washington where the landscape is vastly different, the sun beats down, and it is about 100 degrees. I certainly got a bit of a tan - and additionally, tons of bug bites. Damn those stupid misquitoes at our tent site- damn them.

Other than that, it was great. We saw a wonderful play (Steel Magnolias) and went on a beautiful walk into Rany Lake (short) - saw some great vistas and visited some towns. Twisp (where I got a famous cinn twist(p), watched the 4th of July parade, and then went to Winthrop (pictures forthcoming) had ice cream, went wine tasting, etc. Winthrop has building codes that ensure it looks like an old frontier town - kind of awesome.

Back in Western Washington now, starting to think about going home and so on. I'm reading three books now simultaneously and it's simply awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment